Friday, October 1, 2010

FRESH Logo

 For Electronic Design class our class assignment was to design a logo for a company which encompassed the companies message while utilizing negative space. The company which I chose to design a logo for was FRESH. FRESH (Family Related Family Solutions for Humanity) is a new non-profit organization working in Northeastern CT. When designing the logo for FRESH, I chose to focus on symbols of community and family. I felt that the strongest symbol for family was a house. I went through a series of design, some including silhouettes and other based primarily on text manipulation. I made this design my own by picking a topic which was personally significant to me. I also used a combination of symbolism and design to create my design. Each design was focused primarily on space and shape. In most of my logos the design was encompassed in an enclosed shape. The shape its self served as the primary message for the logo. Space also was important in my designs in choosing how far apart letters should be and how large the lettering should be compared to the more geometrical shapes. The principle of design which I focused on most was unity. I tried to match crisp, bold lettering with sharp edged shapes, and create more organic lettering for less bold designs.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really professional. Im going to read it all after I post this comment. I like this "FRESH" thing.

    ReplyDelete