Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Activism Poster

The assignment for this project was to create a poster for a cause you supported. I am part of Amnesty International and we are currently creating an awareness campaign about human trafficking. My poster depicts a shopping basket and a bar code. The bar code has silhouettes of women who are trapped in between the bars of the barcode. This symbolizes their imprisonment. The basket and barcode are emphasize how slavery is a modern day problem and how for some buying a human is as simple as buying something in the store. This design uses proportion as its primary principle of design. The size difference between the basket and the barcode emphasize the importance of each. Space is the primary element of design because the negative space in between the lines and space create the powerful message I was trying to get across. This poster also has harmony because the basket and barcode are both black and white and both use simple shapes to convey a strong message. When planning my poster I was inspired by the image below which shows how people are still in chains and its a modern and international problem. I wanted to keep my design simple with few words to keep my message strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment